25th May 2020:
We are looking forward to seeing many of you when you return to school on the 1st of June. Lots of things in our school will have changed but it will still be the same St Boniface in many ways and it will still be a happy place to work and learn.
To help you get ready for your return to school, we would like you to look at this Power Point which explains some of the things that will be different.
There is also a Word document in case you are unable to access the Power Point.
See you soon!
- This week's theme is Move in May! Join in with our first virtual St Boniface Sports Day!
18th May 2020:
- Barnardo's information and strategies for self-management (dealing with anger and calming down) can be found here. Printable activities can be found here.
- How cool are our bodies? - science week
- Activities for all age groups about our bodies
11th May 2020:
- Into Film competition - a competition for children to create a short film which lasts about 3 minutes or under (including titles and credits) using their natural environment. For competition details please click here.
- WoW poetry writing competition - HAPPINESS - for KS1 and KS2
What kind of a poem can I write?
- You can write the poem in any way you like but it should have something to do with ‘Happiness’.
- ‘Happiness’ does not have to be the title of your poem – you can come up with your own title.
- Your poem can be in any poetry style you like.
- Your poem doesn’t have to rhyme but you can use rhyme if you wish.
- Your poem can be long or short.
- Your poem should be a maximum of 20 lines.
What can I win?
- The winning poem from each category and two runners-up will receive book prizes.
- A selection of poems will be published online.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is FREE to enter.
- Each pupil can enter one poem in their category.
- Entries must be original, written by the entrants and submitted via the official entry form.
- Copyright of the work remains with the entrant.
- All poems must have something to do with ‘Happiness’.
- Poems must have a maximum of 20 lines (excluding the title).
- All entries need to be received by 5th June 2020.
- Winners will be announced on 24th June 2020 (National Writing Day).
- Winning poems will be published online and will only be used to publicise the event.
- No cash alternatives will be given.
- The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
4th May 2020:
- Space Day - Space Day is celebrated annually on the first Friday of May. Space Day aims to promote the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields among young people. Here is Challenge 2 to celebrate Space Day
20th April 2020:
- BBC Bitesize are doing fantastic daily lessons that can be found here
- Oak National Academy is a new collection of high-quality lessons and online resources. Backed by the Government, it has been created in response to the coronavirus lockdown. You can access information and lessons here
- Mascot Challenge winners announced here!
- Over 60 virtual tours and trips - see the list here
13th April 2020:
- This year's Easter Bonnet Competition can be found here!
- Take part in the City Nature Challenge 2020 here!
6th April 2020:
- Holy Week information and activities are here
- Science Week information and activities are here
Letter from Mrs Platts - click HERE to read.
30th March 2020:
- White Rose is a free maths resource which is used by the school. To support families with home learning, they are currently uploading 5 new maths lessons per week for year groups 1-6. To access these please click here
- A wide range of free books for children of all ages is available here. These can be chosen by subject/topic and each book has an audio option.
- During this time of uncertainty a lot of children will be feeling anxious and worried about what is going on. This is a normal response to the situation. Emerging Minds has compiled some advice about what adults can do to help and support children and young people along with some useful links. Please click here to open document.
27th March 2020:
- Home Learning Support - the attached document has been compiled to support parents and carers whilst home learning is taking place. For lots of helpful tips please click here!
- Click here for suggested timetables for you to adapt and follow at home. Please read the Home Learning Support document above first as it will explain how to use these.
25th March 2020:
- Mascot Challenge - design your very own mascot for the Paralympics GB!Click here for details.
Current student entries: